Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Two Valentine's Day cards for the price of one

Hello! Today, I am sharing a Valentine's Day card I made recently, and its sister card for a wedding.
I started by using the Serendipity Stamps "Heart Scroll Die" onto some watercolour cardstock that I had coloured with some red and pink Distress Inks and water. I also cut out another heart using white cardstock.  I took the negative space of the coloured piece, and stuck it to a card front on an angle. I placed the white die-cut piece inside the negative space, and then put little dots of liquid adhesive on each of the little holes. I then put the pink/red diecut heart over the top (this one still had all of the little pieces still in place) and lined it up so all I had to do was use my tweezers to poke the little pieces out of the red heart down into the spaces in the white heart. I finished the card with a stamped sentiment from Hero Arts, and a line of white gel pen faux stitching around the edge of the panel.


 With the red heart I had left, I put that into the negative space left from cutting out the white heart (after diecutting the white panel with a stitched rectangle die from Lil Inkers), and put some Stampin Up glimmer paper behind it.  I  Took a Hero Arts mid toned blush card and stamped the "Elaborate" cling stamp from Penny black in Versamark, and clear heat embossed it. I added a sentiment die cut from the Avery Elle "Sentimental Die" set, cut from Stampin' Up Basic Grey cardstock, with Wink of Stella and then Glossy Accents added for shimmer and shine. I finished with a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 
I'll be sharing my first card at Muse challenge - here's Tracey McNeely's inspiration:
http://musecardclub.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/muse-challenge-199.html
I'll also be sharing at CASology, whose theme is "Cut"

http://casology.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/week-232-cut.html

Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards! Love the fancy hearts Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both such pretty cards Michelle! The inlaid technique used on the first card really looks like it was a labour of love and the gold sparkle of the glimmer paper takes on a totally different look on the second! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards Michelle ! This inlaid technique is a work of great patience but the result is so gorgeous ! Love the CAS style of the two cards ! What a beautiful look also over the glitter paper ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both - that delicate die cut is beautiful! So glad you joined us a Muse this week, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty, the die cut is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards, Michelle! I especially love the second take with the glitter paper backing the red heart. These also are perfect for the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - isn't it great when you get two cards from your efforts? Appreciate the patience you showed by placing all the "little bits" for your inlaid heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful intricate cut Michelle! Both so beautiful!
    So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!