Friday 17 February 2017

CAS Watercolour Reminder

Hello! I'm back as a guest at the CAS Watercolour challenge today, with another card.  The theme for this month is "Love"
http://caswatercolour.blogspot.com/2017/02/cas-watercolour-february-reminder.html
http://caswatercolour.blogspot.com/2017/02/cas-watercolour-february-reminder.html
This is what I created:
I started by colouring some watercolour paper with Distress Inks and water, aiming for a blotchy look. I diecut a piece of the watercoloured paper with a stitched heart from Lawn Fawn, then die cut "hugs" from Avery Elle out of the middle. I used the inlay die cut method to add the word "hugs" cut from some American Crafts black glitter cardstock into the middle of the heart (being careful not to lose the little bits from the loops of the letters.)
I took a white card base and stamped the Hero Arts flourish background onto the left side of the card in Hero Arts soft pink shadow ink, and coloured in a few of the loopy bits with a pale pinnk Derwent pencil. I added some fun foam behind the heart and added it to the card base, and added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.  I decided that the heart needed something to ground it, so I added a strip of coral coloured cardstock from my stash to the left side, and I was done!
Thanks for visiting :)

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the inlaid "hugs" on your beautiful watercoloured heart. Great design with the flourish stamped background. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Watercolour this month, Michelle!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercoloured heart is so pretty Michelle. I love how you added your strip of paper down the side. It really does pull your images all together. TFS and being our Guest Designer this month. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty heart, Michelle! I love the inlaid hugs and the strip of cardstock over the stamped flourishes! Very nice! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is extremely pretty Michelle and I love the flourishes in the background and the way you have inlaid the sentiment in the pretty watercoloured heart too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft and elegant card!! Love the inlay diecut with hugs. I wouldn't have thought to do it in black but that is perfect for this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that inlaid sentiment die and the bit of flourished background! Thanks for being our GD this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.