Saturday 3 March 2018

Sweet baby girl


I made this card for a choir friend who recently had a baby.


This card made me REALLY wish my Simon Says Stamp order would arrive, pretty please, because I NEED Distress Oxide ink in Squeezed Lemonade - the Fossilized Amber was just too heavy. I was going for a much softer look, but I started with the yellow in the middle, and because it was too dark yellow, I went a bit heavy handed on the rest of the colours, too, and a soft and pretty background became bold and bright instead. I think it looks OK, but it wasn't the look I was going for.
 I'll be sharing this card at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme this week is Anything Goes. 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-47/
Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Super card, I love the stencilling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, isn't it frustrating when that happens! I think the stenciling looks wonderful. And the wee giraffe is so sweet. Hope your order arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly SWEET indeed! Love the colors! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.