Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking - week 1, card 10

     Today's class is all about finding inspiration - well, I've found plenty of inspiration from my classmates at the Clean and Simple Cardmaking class!  I'm particularly drawn to cards that are bright and happy, and ones that I saw today happened to be yellow.  Now, I don't do yellow very well.  At all.  But I thought I'd try, with all this inspiration around me!
     Julie Ebersole's card today made use of three particular design elements, so I thought I'd do the same (not the same elements ;) just the use of 3 ideas).

                        #1, Yellow, 
                           #2, Leaves (specifically from Papertrey Ink's set, "turning a new leaf"), and 
                               #3, a Ladybird!  I LOVE ladybirds!!! 

5 comments:

  1. beautiful, bright and cheery card! the little ladybug caught my eye in the CAS Gallery! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fun, bright card caught my eye too ~ I think you do "Yellow" very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two-toned leaves!!! How did you do that? And that ladybug is too cute - great embellishment! And thanks for the idea - I think I bought a few ladybug brads and have never used them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the two-tone leaves! How did you do that? And the ladybug is a perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To get the two-toned effect, I inked the PTI leaf stamp with the paler of the two green inks, and then went around the edges with the darker shade. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!