Saturday, 21 April 2012

Butterfly in a window

Hi, all,
I've had the busiest week imaginable - choir rehearsal for our ANZAC day concert next week, 3 nights out for the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, and work has been - how shall I put this without resorting to inelegant language - hectic.  I was very glad to be able to sit down today and get a bit inky!

I enrolled in the "A Cut Above" online class when it was first advertised, but I had hoped to participate a bit more that I have (only one card so far!), so I will try to make a couple more in the next day or two to catch up.  I really liked Shari Carroll's Butterfly card on Day 3 (she made it for the Shaped Cards tutorial, but it also fits with Day 2's class on Window cards), so I thought I'd go with that idea, but on an acetate card.

 I will be submitting this card to Annabelle Stamps Blog challenge - "A stamped background", and to A Blog named Hero's Challenege #2 - "Cards with a view".

Have a great weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I love this and have the dies, but just could not figure out HOW the butterfly is attached, (or what is left there to attach it to)...! I can see you did it wonderfully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Michelle!! It's simply stunning!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the colours and your butterfly is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I absolutely love the colors and I love that you made it on clear acetate! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Michelle! I love your cut-away butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colors, lovely card :) thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enviable! Love the colors and the design-I never use acetate, this is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing else I can say Michelle but MAGNIFICENT! you have rocked this card, love love loooooooooove the butterfly!
    thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I love it! Marisela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!