Friday, 2 August 2013

Reduce, reuse, recycle!

The challenge at A Blog Named Hero today is to recycle - to reuse something that has already been used (other than normal cardmaking supplies)! It was my birthday last month, and a friend of mine gave me a lovely scarf wrapped in white paper, with a piece of wrapping paper in a band around it, and some pink ribbon tied in a bow - it was too pretty to throw away, so this is what I came up with:


 This was what I started with (except it was a longer piece of ribbon)

I would have had to iron the ribbon to use it, as it was quite wrinkled in places, but getting the iron out just for a piece of ribbon seemed excessive, and remembering to iron the ribbon when I had the iron out for something else requires a level of memory that I don't seem to have anymore, so I thought I'd see if I could make a rose out of the ribbon:
I think I need some practice doing this - I ended up with entirely too much hot glue on my fingernails! Have you ever made ribbon roses? I really enjoy making my own flowers for cards, and have tried a few techniques (I did a photo tutorial for a different type of ribbon flower a couple of years ago - you can find it HERE) - what's your favourite way to handmake your own flowers?

I didn't have a piece of pink cardstock to match the ribbon, so I swiped some white cardstock with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from HA Birthday Sayings.

I hope you find something to recycle into a card for our challenge - as always, there's a voucher from our incredibly generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Michelle, your ribbon rose is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And I love that beautiful paper you incorporated too!! This turned out just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!