Friday 2 August 2013

Reduce, reuse, recycle!

The challenge at A Blog Named Hero today is to recycle - to reuse something that has already been used (other than normal cardmaking supplies)! It was my birthday last month, and a friend of mine gave me a lovely scarf wrapped in white paper, with a piece of wrapping paper in a band around it, and some pink ribbon tied in a bow - it was too pretty to throw away, so this is what I came up with:


 This was what I started with (except it was a longer piece of ribbon)

I would have had to iron the ribbon to use it, as it was quite wrinkled in places, but getting the iron out just for a piece of ribbon seemed excessive, and remembering to iron the ribbon when I had the iron out for something else requires a level of memory that I don't seem to have anymore, so I thought I'd see if I could make a rose out of the ribbon:
I think I need some practice doing this - I ended up with entirely too much hot glue on my fingernails! Have you ever made ribbon roses? I really enjoy making my own flowers for cards, and have tried a few techniques (I did a photo tutorial for a different type of ribbon flower a couple of years ago - you can find it HERE) - what's your favourite way to handmake your own flowers?

I didn't have a piece of pink cardstock to match the ribbon, so I swiped some white cardstock with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from HA Birthday Sayings.

I hope you find something to recycle into a card for our challenge - as always, there's a voucher from our incredibly generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Michelle, your ribbon rose is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And I love that beautiful paper you incorporated too!! This turned out just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.