Sunday, 22 December 2013

Retro Sketches again!

I'm playing along as a Headliner at Retro Sketches this month - hooray! My card today is based on a sketch from THIS CARD I made for a PaperCrafts publication call.  That card used some patterned paper and paper piecing, but I decided to use masking and stamping for this one, so it is a one layer card.

Here's my new take on the sketch:

 I used Simon Says Stamp's "Lots of Dots" stamp set, and a sentiment from Hero Arts "Everyday Sayings".  I used a HEAP of different inks (17 colours in total, if you count the black!), mostly Hero Arts shadow inks (and Hero Hues black), but also some Stampin' Up inks, and a couple of Distress Inks.
http://retrosketches.blogspot.com.au/

Make sure you visit Retro Sketches and check out what the  design team have come up with!

Thanks for visiting - have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's masked? I thought you'd cut the sections. Love it. And now *I* have an idea! Whoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your masking and stamping is amazing (as is your patience!). LOVE the colourful rays and the sentiment wrapping the circle! Pretty, plus!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card & colours Michelle!! Have a fabulous choral evening & Christmas celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retake Michelle, can't believe the original one got rejected. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!