Thursday, 20 March 2014

Day 9 of Online Card Class

This is my 2nd post for today - to see my Newton's Nook post, click HERE

I love Debby Hughes' cards.  They're always just perfect.  And when I try to make a card to look like one of Debby's, I tend to fail miserably.  :(
 What do I like about my card?  I like the butterfly (which I coloured with Distress inks and water, and covered with Wink of Stella.)  I like the bold black sentiment (a very old Artee stamp - from 1998!) I like my attempt at gold dots.
What would I do differently next time?  I would have fewer ink splatters.  I would have the ink splatters in a different colour to the butterfly. I would ditch the flight path dots. I would use a different texture paste (not really liking the Martha Stewart texture paste - too grainy). I need to get a butterfly stamp with cleaner lines (even though I do love this butterfly, the lines are a bit fuzzy in places). And I would pick a bit of the falling snow die with fewer dots. But that's why I love the online card classes - I try things that are outside my comfort zone and so I learn new stuff!  And that's definitely a good thing :)
 Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely, love the aqua and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of crafting kind of like yoga: we are always PRACTICING coz there's no such thing as perfection. Bravo to you, working outside your comfort zone. I agree with the gals above--your card is lovely--you may not have an instinct for that style yet (i.e.: knowing when you've hit it on the head) but that will come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!