Sunday 2 March 2014

Stencils for A Blog Named Hero

Hi, all!  There's a new challenge at A Blog Named Hero today - Stencils!  I'm a beginner with stencils - I only began using them just recently, and I don't have very many.  I do, however, have some Hero Arts/Sizzix dies, a Big Shot and some acetate, and that's all you need to make your own stencil!  I made this particular stencil in January (you can see the card I made HERE), but I thought I'd use it again to make this card.

 All the ladies at A Blog Named Hero are playing with some awesome goodies from the Gossamer Blue March Scrapbook Kit this month - I used some patterned paper from Webster's Pages/Allison Kreft Designs "Sprinkled with Love" collection, a Brilliance Dew Drop Ink Pad in Galaxy Gold (LOVE!!), and the little enamel hearts from My Mind's Eye "now and then" collection.
I stuck my home-made stencil down, and applied the gold ink directly from the ink pad to the butterflies.  I heat set the gold ink before stamping over them with the butterflies from the Hero Arts "Antique Flowers and Butterflies" set in HA Raspberry Jam shadow ink.  I stamped the sentiment from "Made with Love" in Hero Hues black ink, and then stuck on some of the enamel hearts. 
 I hope you pay along with our Stencil It Challenge - make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero and check out what the rest of the design team have been stenciling!
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/

As always, our amazing sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, is offering a prize!

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom

Thanks for visiting, and thanks so much to Gossamer Blue


Have a great day ;) 

Supplies: 

3 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.