Saturday, 14 June 2014

Watercolour flowers on Ballet Blue

I know, I know, I say this often - why do Stampin Up! always discontinue my favourite colours?  I have a very tightly guarded and slowly dwindling stash of Ballet Blue and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, but I pulled some of the Ballet Blue out today to match the watercolour flowers I painted to make this quick card. 
I made a card similar to this (but in pink) for my Mum for Mother's Day.  I really liked it, so I decided to make a version in a different colour. In that one, I had black centres to the flowers, but I went with Hero Arts Cornflower shadow ink for the flower centres this time (stamped from Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals).  The sentiment is from Winnie and Walter.  I finished with some Wink of Stella and white gel pen in the flower centres, and some faux stitching on the blue edge.
 Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous watercolored card! I also love Ballet Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue...I can see why you save it...the flowers are so pretty, This is a bright and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I can barely watercolor prestamped images and you're all "check out my awesome freehand painting" ha! I super it love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!