Saturday 14 June 2014

Watercolour flowers on Ballet Blue

I know, I know, I say this often - why do Stampin Up! always discontinue my favourite colours?  I have a very tightly guarded and slowly dwindling stash of Ballet Blue and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, but I pulled some of the Ballet Blue out today to match the watercolour flowers I painted to make this quick card. 
I made a card similar to this (but in pink) for my Mum for Mother's Day.  I really liked it, so I decided to make a version in a different colour. In that one, I had black centres to the flowers, but I went with Hero Arts Cornflower shadow ink for the flower centres this time (stamped from Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals).  The sentiment is from Winnie and Walter.  I finished with some Wink of Stella and white gel pen in the flower centres, and some faux stitching on the blue edge.
 Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous watercolored card! I also love Ballet Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blue...I can see why you save it...the flowers are so pretty, This is a bright and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I can barely watercolor prestamped images and you're all "check out my awesome freehand painting" ha! I super it love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.