Monday, 23 November 2015

Variation on a theme

I made a couple of cards that were posted on A Blog Named Hero a couple of weeks ago, using the Hero Arts Peace Poinsettia stamp set, and some Distress Markers.  I decided to make a few more using the same products and layout, but I changed the colours a bit, and used different glitter paper, and a variety of sentiments. This is one way I can stop myself going crazy with boredom making dozens of the same card - just vary them a bit. The sentiments are from Simon Says Stamp "Big Scripty Greetings Holiday" and Hero Arts "Joy to the World".

 I found that it was quicker to wet the watercolour cardstock and then paint on Distress Inks, rather than use the technique I used before, which was to draw colour on with Distress Markers, and then spray on lots of water, then dry and repeat.  Slightly different results, but as I am running behind in my Christmas card making, I went with the faster technique!
I'll be sharing these at CAS on Sunday challenge - Christmas.  

 Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Michelle!! Love! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!