Sunday, 27 November 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 13

Welcome back to another challenge - today, I have a card using the colours in peacock feathers (as requested by my friend, Tamara), but unlike me, I didn't use the namesake Distress Ink!
I started with some watercolour cardstock, and I coloured it with Color Burst powders in Indigo and Turquoise. I used mainly water to mix the colours, but then some Perfect Pearls mixed with water to finish. When it was completely dry, I die-cut the "Kate" snowflake from Simon Says Stamp multiple times, being careful to keep every last little piece. I also cut three snowflakes from silver glitter paper.  Then the fun began (not) - trying to fit all those little pieces back in was tricky, to say the least!
I finished with a sentiment from Hero Arts stamped in Intense Black ink.
I will be sharing this project at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - the theme is Christmas to die for (ie use die cuts)


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-christmas-to-die-for/

I'll also be sharing this card at Time Out challenge, where the theme is Christmas with an optional
twist of glitter or shimmer.

Thanks for visiting - come back soon! 

5 comments:

  1. Stunning card Michelle, such gorgeous colours and the snowflakes look amazing pieced back into the panel, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! The inking and snowflakes are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Michelle! Kate is my favourite snowflake & your patience has paid off as it looks wonderful inlaid in your coloured panel.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can only imagine how fiddly it must have been to do all that inlaid die cutting - but so worth it! Your card is spectacular! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slave to your art!!! I feel your pain, I did something similar with an intricate butterfly die once. But this is three of them - argh! It turned out beautifully. I think the colours in the strip are also so so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Time Out! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!