Wednesday 21 February 2018

Floating through blues

I think these blues and gold splatters of alcohol ink on Yupo look like you could just float in them, so I added a little heat embossed image from Mama Elephant floating down the card.
The die cut part of the sentiment is from Avery Elle, and the stamped part is from Altenew. The frame is die cut using stitched rectangles from Lil' Inkers.
Thanks for visiting :)

PS have you noticed that I've been trying a new background, and trying adding props to my photos here and there? I prefer to take my photos with the cards standing upright - I know the trend at the moment is to lie cards flat and add props around them, but that requires taking a photo from above which requires lighting that I just do not have. I was discussing this with a couple of my workmates, and mentioned that I would like a teeny tiny pot plant (like I've seen LOTS of other cardmakers use, including Joy Taylor, Debby Hughes, and lots of others), but I think those other cardmakers actually have normal sized pot plants, but have heaps of space to take their photos. I don't have heaps of space. But my workmate, Trisha, found me a teeny tiny pot plant at Daiso!  Yay! Thanks, Trisha :)

2 comments:

  1. The pot looks normal sized making the card look enormous which is the goal. Well done! Now I understand how others make their cards the queen of the show! Always wondered if they made bigger sized examples because they always look so large on screen. Your card is beautiful and I can't wait to try doing this. Making a fairie or butterfly floating in the sky would be fun to do. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background...just so dynamic!~ Also interested in your photo comments as that's always been an issue for me. Just trying to find the right place, lighting, background, etc. is always challenging! Love your simple background with the card...nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.