Tuesday 20 September 2011

Acetate window card

Wow - it's been two and a half weeks since I've posted anything!!  Worse than that, it's been almost two and a half weeks since I've made a card at my crafting desk!  Ouch!!!  I have been incredibly busy with work things (marking assignments), so haven't had much leisure time to devote to craft.

I've been reading the daily posts from Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase that I signed up for, but it has taken until today to actually put any of her techiniques into practice.   I've been looking forward to it, as a big order that I put in with Simon Says Stamp in the US arrived last week, so I have a whole heap of new fun tools to play with :)

Here's the card I made today:
 I made the flower using the technique I wrote a tutorial for in July - you can find the post here:
 I'm following some of Jennifers hints, and using shimmer paint in my water mister to add a bit of shine to the background stamp, which I coloured using Tombow markers before misting and stamping onto white Papertrey Ink cardstock.
I used my new white StazOn ink to stamp the background on the acetate - kept the pattern relatively simple so it's easy to read the sentiment stamped inside the card.  
Thanks for visiting - I hope you have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle - Well it may have been a while since you were in your craft room, but you sure did not lose your wonderful artistic skills.

    This card is absolutely stunning. I love the color combination and the flower is gorgeous!

    Nice to see you back in class....I'm so sad that it's almost over, but will be back in November for Holiday Card Boot Camp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Have fun with all your new goodies, when you finally slow down a bit.
    katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.