Sunday 3 September 2017

Masculine card for Father's Day

It is Father's Day here in Australia today, so I made this card for my Dad:
I started with some watercolour cardstock, and stamped the Highline Ironwork background stamp from Hero Arts in Versamark, then embossed it with Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger. I added colour with Zig markers in various blues, and then added a pop on lime green, before spraying the entire panel with water and heat setting. I finished the panel with a spray of Perfect Pearls in water. I cut the panel down as shown, and added a sentiment (sorry, not only is that stamp discontinued, the company doesn't exist any more). I finished with some faux stitching in black down either side of the panels.

 I'll be sharing this card at Less is More challenge - they have a colour challenge this week:
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/challenge-344-lime-green-royal-blue.html

I'll also be sharing this card at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, where they're playing with Hero Arts products, and their theme is Anything Goes!

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-41/

Thanks for visiting :)

8 comments:

  1. Michelle... this is fabulous! Love your use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is a splendid and striking take on the LIM challenge colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and elegant and a wonderful vibrant take on our colour challenge at Less is More this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So eye-catching ! Love your amazing take on our colour challenge Michelle ! I'm sure your father loved it ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your coloured background designs, Michelle. These colours look lovely with the platinum EP.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I love that background stamp and the way you used your panel is great -I love the placement of the sentiment. Very stylish! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely stylish card. The embossing really sets of the colours beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.