Friday 20 October 2017

Jump Start the Holidays with Hero Arts

Today we are hopping to celebrate all things fall and winter - and to rev up your holiday cardmaking motors! We are also joining Lea Lawson during her month-long Crafty Comeback Party. Lea is an amazing designer, and we are thrilled to support her! Tune into her blog every day this month - she began the party on October 7, and there have been many beautiful cards and fabulous giveaways along the way!  To make this party extra fun, Hero Arts has invited along the team at A Blog Named Hero! Lots of inspiration on this hop today.


I used the new Color Layering Holly stamp set from Hero Arts for this card - I used the Lime to Forever Green ombre ink pad to selectively ink up the different layers of the holly leaves before cutting them out. I then decided that it was easier to do the die cutting first, because that makes it easier to line up some of the layers (especially the ones with the leaf stalk).
I took a Neenah Solar White card base and inked a circle of Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink in the middle. I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment on a leftover scrap of white cardstock, before spending approximately 3 hours deciding how to arrange the sentiment and the leaves on the card!
I was planning on stamping out the holly berries from the same stamp set, but I changed my mind and added some red Ranger Enamel Accents to the card - I made the big mistake of putting the drops directly onto the card, and two of them melded together into a big ugly mess! I managed to fix it by making some enamel dots on my craft mat, waited for them to dry, then added them on top of the mess I had created. Problem solved!

Hero Arts will be giving away a $25 gift certificate, randomly chosen from all of the comments left at averry stop along the blog hop. To enter, leave a comment on any of the blogs by Friday, November 10 at 11:59PST, and the winner will be announced on Lea Lawson's blog on Sunday, November 12. 

The next step on this hop is Swapna Patil - here's the complete list of participants, too!



Thanks for visiting

52 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Michelle. I really like the red ink blended background. It really helps the holly pop. So sorry about the oops, but you did a great job disguising it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO very pretty! Love the pink in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage feel of your card. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Michelle - totally understand spending hours arranging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really love this; it's a beauty! Gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the colour in the background. Really enhances the diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO pretty! The enamel dot berries look SO great, and I love how you arranged it! {I giggled at your 3 hour comment - only because I do that ALL the time. Lol!}

    Thank you so much for being part of my crafty comeback party - I appreciate it SO much!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful festive Christmas card. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I like the inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Love the pink background shading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card !! You made me laugh with your : " after spending 3 hours to arrange the sentiment and the leaves..." !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the unique idea of the red behind the main image. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! This has been pinned to my CASE inspiration board as I just bought this set earlier this week. The soft blended background really brings the card alive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Lovely background for the focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the design on this card. The way you tucked the sentiment into the holly, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is gorgeous. You are like me spending hours on sentiment placement. This is perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card and your ideas (and fixes for boo-boos!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. What "oops", I just see a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card. Colors are just right. Thanks for sharing a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful design and coloring. I had to laugh when you said you spent “3 hours deciding how to arrange the sentiment and the leaves.“. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who obsesses about things like this. It was well worth it though, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty!! Regardless the time you spent it's just worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don’t normally like holly cards but yours is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have created a very pretty and festive card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the soft pink backdrop!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is stunning! I like the background with the leaves and sentiments, you can´t imagine how long I usually spend arranging elements in my cards. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love those holly leaves and the berries! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card! The berries are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the enamel dots! Nice save!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a pretty card!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your card especially the way the design is on a diagonal

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The design and that pink/red in the background is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful layout and I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one who agonizes for way too long over the placement of elements!!! Thanks for sharing that tidbit :-) I'm glad you salvaged the berries, they look awesome and you would never know there had been an issue! Just the same, I always make mine off the project because I worry I'll mess up everything with that final step.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an amazing card. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the subtle background while having a bright pop of color as the main focus. The poinsettias look so beautiful in your design!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The background is just the ticket to make the holly and berries stand out. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic Christmas card! I love the sentiment banner through the holly leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning card thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  41. So pretty! Love the soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The classic holly motif with the sweet pink background looks fabulous!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.