Tuesday 1 January 2019

CASEing pineapplepaperink

Happy new year! I have been keeping a little collection of posts from fellow cardmakers on Instagram with cards that I want to CASE. Then today I say the latest challenge from Inkspirational and I decided to CASE a card by Lindsay Olmstead Lajola AKA @pineapplepaperink- you can check out her card HERE and there's a photo below. 

Here's my take:
I used a floral stamp from Concord and 9th, stamped in black ink onto watercolour cardstock. I added some Distress Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. I decided to add some detail (a la Kelly Latevola) with Copic markers in shades to match the Oxide Inks. I added a layered diecut sentiment from My Favorite Things, some Wink of Stella over the flowers and the senitment, and then added some sequins. I adhered it to a card base with some black cardstock on the edges.

Here is Lindsay's gorgeous card (posted with her permission):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkhTSW2gUUM/

http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/12/challenge-177-word-prompt-case.html
I will also be sharing this card at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes!

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-57/

Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a stunning CASE Michelle. I love the loose use of the oxide inks and then the detail you added with the copics and WOS. A beautiful blend of soft colours and the whole card as an arty feel. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, Michelle - happy 2019!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is eye candy! Both cards are gorgeous. I might want to case this myself. Love the coloring technique and the layout used for these rather large flower stamps. So glad you shared your card with us over at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.