Saturday 14 September 2019

September release at Picket Fence Studios

Today is the day! There are some AMAZING stamps, dies and stencils being released this month at Picket Fence Studios - this one would have to be my favourite!


I white embossed the "Christmas poinsettia star" stamp onto watercolour cardstock. I then used the ink smooshing technique to add some colour using Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves, and then added some depth of colour to the poinsettia petals using more Distress Ink and my water brush. I then sprayed the whole panel in Perfect Pearls in water before drying it with my heat tool and adhering to a card front. The sentiment is from "The Season of Giving" stamp set, and I white embossed it onto a scrap of deep purple cardstock.  (BTW, I have a friend who is a French teacher, so I just had to add the accent tréma on top of the e in "Noël")


I love this Poinsettia so much, I couldn't stop and one card!


I used Zig clean color real brush markers to colour this one, and the sentiment is again from "The Season of Giving".


I have another Christmassy card to share!  I started by creating a diagonal background using the "Candy Cane Lane Stencil" and some red ink using my Life Changing Blender Brushes. I stamped the main image from "Straight from the North Pole" in Picket Fence Black hybrid ink, and then coloured him with Copic markers. I cut him out with the "Straight from the North Pole" coordinating die and stamped an image from the same stamp set.




Make sure you visit the Picket Fence blog, and all of the DT members' blogs - there's some awesome inspiration to be had!

I'll be sharing the first card in this post at The Flower Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes.

Thanks for visiting :) 

6 comments:

  1. so very gorgeous...love them all!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image this is, love a huge floral stamp and this is so perfect for making lots of Christmas cards. I definitely can't choose a favourite between the two floral cards. Such a beautiful effect with the 'smooshing' and your so good with your Zig colouring too. So very happy to see you at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lot of pretty cards here Michelle, and love your gorgeous flowers and design too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both of these....when you used the Zig's did you do direct to paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie - I used watercolour cardstock, then put the zigs directly to the paper, then blended out with lots of water.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.