Friday 7 May 2021

Textured Rainbow for Paper Rose

Back in February, I attended an online Gel Press workshop/retreat with Lydia Fiedler of Understand Blue. There were heaps of amazing techniques, and these two cards came from one of those techniques.

I began by running a piece of white cardstock through my die cutting machine to emboss with the Tulips 3D embossing folder. I then added Distress Oxide inks in Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Broken China to my Gel Press and blended the colours with a brayer. I then gently pressed  the embossed panel into the gel press to pick up the colour onto the raised parts of the image. To finish the first card, I added a die cut and a printed sentiment strip.

 

This results in lots of ink being left on the Gel Press where the embossed image did not pick it up, so I took a piece of printer paper and took a print from the remaining ink. 

To finish the 2nd card, I added a stamped sentiment.


Thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.