Friday, 4 November 2011

Ladybirds!!!!

     My good friend, Heidi, rang me the other day to ask me to make a birthday card for her to give to her soon-to-be-1-year-old daughter, Isabella.  When I asked her if she had any idea of what she wanted on the card, she said that the party they have planned for later this month will have a ladybird theme, so ladybirds it is!  (Or ladybugs?  I'm never entirely sure which it is!)
     I decided that a card with a different kind of fold would suit the whimsical nature of ladybirds - and I really wanted one of the ladybirds on the edge of the fold - but first I got the fold in the wrong place and had to start again, and I also started with the fold on the left side of the card, but I couldn't figure out how to arrange the sentiment, but when I turned the card around, with the fold on the right, it all fell into place :)


 It's a bit hard to make out in the photos, but all the little red and black "wings" are raised on dimensional adhesive :)   (btw, they're not actually wings, they're "elytra", or wing covers - the real wings are underneath - sorry, the biology teacher coming out in me!)

 Here's the work in progress - lots of punching :)

 Happy birthday, Isabella!!

PS as one of the ladybirds is sticking out over the fold of the card, I'm posting this at CAS-ual Fridays for this weeks "over the edge" challenge :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The ladybugs are ADORABLE and you are so PATIENT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for a one year old. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaw, I love this card ! And it's very nice that you made all the ladybugs by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, ADORABLE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!