Sunday, 20 November 2011

Week 2, card 8 Holiday card boot camp - kept the best 'til last :)

     This will be my last card submitted to the Holiday card boot camp - and it's possibly my favourite of all the cards I've made in the last two weeks (well, maybe 2nd after this one - both are acetate cards, and both have inkadinkado's holly background stamped in white StazOn).
     I had to photograph it against a black backdrop, otherwise you can't see the background at all!  However, the colour has come out a little bit off - the red is actually SU Cherry Cobbler - it is much less of a vibrant red, and more of a rich, deep red in real life. 
         I paper-pieced the holly leaves with some green patterned paper from Basic Grey's "Sugar Rush" collection pack.  For the background behind the holly, I first painted it with bleach, and then went over it a bit with white pigment ink and a Aquash pen to intensify the white a bit more.   Then I added some red pearls from Kaisercraft (I actually got them as a free gift from Simon Says Stamp! Thanks, guys!)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Great way to finish the week. This is a terrific card. I have enjoyed seeing all of your projects! til next time-ta ta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card you made, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!