Sunday 4 May 2014

Baby shower!

A lovely friend of mine, Tristy, and her partner, Luke, had a baby shower yesterday for the upcoming arrival of their first bub.
Seeing as I know Tristy from bookclub, some of the bookclub ladies and I went in together to buy a gift - and the most appropriate thing for a bookclub to buy for a baby is of course, books!!  We got a Dr Seuss collection, a collection of picture books (which includes "We're going on a bear hunt", a favourite in our family) and a baby blanket.
My card fit with the theme:

I don't remember the name or brand of this stamp - I borrowed it to stamp some images at the Craft Retreat I attended in March.  It belongs to Lyndal Higgins, so I will have to ask her for the name.
** UPDATE: Lyndal got back to me VERY quickly!! It is Clear Art Stamps, "Story of Me".  Thanks, Lyndal! 
I coloured it with Copics, and fussy cut it out.  I put it over some DSP from Stampin' Up, and a punched border.  The sentiment, "so precious", is from Hero Arts, and is one of my favourite sentiments to use for baby cards :)

I'll be submitting this card to Simon Says Stamp's "Anything Goes" challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-with-sequins/
Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

  1. Just darling, Michelle, makes me think of Christopher Robin and Pooh! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors for this book theme baby shower card. The colors are so vibrant and they pop nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Michelle, you have your fussy cutting down to an art! Your little girl is awesome and I love how you went around the cut with the shading. A really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Your colouring is exquisite!!! Just fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.