Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Challenge at A Blog Named Hero

Welcome! Sit down for a cuppa.

We have a challenge at A Blog Named Hero called "New to me" - use something new, or use a technique that you haven't used before.  I chose to use new stamps from Right at Home stamps, along with a couple of Hero Arts stencils. I used the Crossing Waves stencil (which is new to me) for the background, and I used the Glorious Petal Stencil for the pattern on the teacup.  I coloured the cup from the "Cup of Joy" set with Copic markers first, then added the pattern over the top with a white gel pen. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the "How have you bean" set onto some vellum, and wrapped it around my panel.
Can you see the shiny swirls above the teacup? I added the swirls of steam with Versamark ink, then embossed them with Hero Arts clear embossing powder.

Thanks heaps to our collaboration partner for January, Right at Home Stamps!
http://www.rightathomeshop.com/
Make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero to check out some inspiration from our new design team, and to enter your own "New to me" creation.
Thanks for visiting :)

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. How lovely!! Love the warm colors and the subtle steam coming up from the pretty cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Lovely colours and I love the sparkly steam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!