Wednesday 11 January 2017

Happy birthday, Claudine

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. My niece told me that her favourite colours are purple and royal blue, so I made this card for her.
I used the "You're so" set from Reverse Confetti to stamp the sentiment in Versamark, then heat emboss with some silver embossing powder. I then masked off the sentiment, and added the Tim Holtz / Stamper's Anonymous "Lace" stencil, and blended some Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks over the top.
 I faded the ink off underneath the sentiment to match the sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches challenge.
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/challenge-205-sketch.html
I'll also be sharing this card at Less is More for their "Ombre" challenge. 

Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love how the sentiment goes through the two lovely, stencilled panels. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply, crisp, classy and beautiful. Ombre'd to perfection and love that stencil!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inking; love the stencil! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and elegant card Michelle. Fabulous use of ombré colours and I especially like the way you faded them out to almost nothing. Super crisp embossing too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever use of the stencil to get the ombre effect. A very elegant card. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masking - love the colours too with the elegant silver embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ombre stencilling and masking. You have captured and combined the challenges perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the inking and the colours you have used blend beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant, perfectly feminine card for your sister-in-law! Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.