Friday 26 July 2013

Week 3, Day 4, a challenge

Today's online card class challenge is to go outside your comfort zone.  I'm having difficulty with this week's colour palette, but I assume that doesn't count! LOL! 
I find geometric designs tricky (I'm much more of a flowers, leaves, hearts and butterfies girl!), and I also find using multiple patterned papers together a real challenge (takes me AGES to settle on a combination).  So I decided to try both together to really stretch myself, and the patterned papers even come from not just three different sets, but from three separate companies!!!
I used the sketch from CAS(e) this sketch, but I missed the submission deadline by a day :(   However, I'll be submitting this card to Moxie Fab World's Trendy Triangles Challenge. 
Thanks so much for visiting - have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. This may be outside your comfort zone, but it's lovely! I am taking the class, too, but haven't tackled this challenge yet. I would be the opposite - love the geometries, not so great with the "softer" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing - Love your card, cute idea, to combine the triangles into hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love your design and gorgeous mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.