Saturday 5 October 2013

A challenge, a sketch and a colour scheme

The challenge (from CASual Fridays) - use chevrons and sequins.  This is more of a challenge to me than it may seem - I don't like sequins. I actually seriously dislike them.  I did callisthenics as a child, so I have had MUCH MORE than my fair share of sequins for one lifetime.  However, I do have a pack of mixed sequins for my nieces to craft with (from Spotlight, I think), so I pulled them out (grudgingly) and added 2 (I couldn't bring myself to add any more!)
I also followed a sketch from Retro Sketches, and a colour scheme from ColorQ.   The chevrons are from Paper Smooches, the sentiment from Hero Arts, and the inks are Hero Arts Shadow inks.





EDIT: I missed the cut-off for the Retro Sketches challenge - rats!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you put aside your aversion to sequins for this wonderful card! I think they add some happy bling! And I just love those colorful chevrons! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Michelle, love your chevrons. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card, love your chevrons and layout, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colorful chevrons! awesome card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Michelle, love all the chevrons in these colors! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok lady, the masking on this is killer. what a great take on this concept. Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you pulled out your pack of sequins (I might have giggled about your disdain for them since I feel that way about other card trends). The stamping is beautiful--gorgeous colors, too. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous blend of all these challenges. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.