Sunday 2 September 2018

It's a STAMPtember blog party!

It's STAMPtember!!YAY!!!!
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/
I received the "Nature Mandala" stamp from the Stamptember release from Simon Says Stamp in the mail, and got inky straight away!
For this one, I coloured the image with Zig clean color real brush markers. I added a black sentiment strip with clear embossing, using the "Thoughtful Messages" stamp set. 
For the second card, I white embossed the image onto Bristol smooth cardstock (the image is VERY VERY VERY detailed, so I wanted a smooth cardstock instead of my usual textured watercolour cardstock). I coloured it with blue and aqua Zig markers, sprayed with water, let it dry, then repeated to get more intense colour. I finished the background with a spray of Perfect Pearls in water. The sentiment is the big thanks die with the matching stamp set.

I couldn't resist making a third card! For this one, I again white embossed onto Bristol cardstock, and then used a Distress brush to blend Distress Oxides over the embossing. I added a sentiment with the "Love" die from Simon Says Stamp, and a stamp from "Thoughtful Messages".  

 The new release is now live, and can be found HERE.  And there's a special extra something below:
 https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/category/Shop-Simon-Releases-STAMPtember

Make sure you check out the other blogs in today's blog party on the Simon Says Stamp blog - there is a variety of different vouchers to be had, so see if you can check them all out!
 
Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your first card! It really shows off the many elements of the Nature Mandala! I couldn’t really discern all of the plants and feathers until I saw this card! It’s so beautiful! I like both cards, but the first one—WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super amazing cards!! Love the colors of them!! Great use of color and Zig markers. I have to get some more of the distress oxides for sure now. I will also have to blame it on you when husband asks. Sorry...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous, and truly show the versatility of this stamp! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful color on these.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful coloring on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, each card is more stunning than the next. So beautiful. I always struggle with mendalas and how to color them or showcase them on a card. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - all 3 cards are stunning. You did such an amazing job on the first with all of the detailed coloring. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards with detail and even when all the details aren’t obvious. Anyone would be thrilled to get them in the mail. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Michelle, the time you must have spent colouring! They are all stunning, but the 2nd & 3rd are my very favourites.
    Thanks for taking the time you did & sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the different looks you got with the same stamp. I love when someone shows us different views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, your cards are simply beautiful!! You did an amazing job coloring that first card. When I first saw the detail on that stamp, I was sure I could never attempt to color such a design. But you showed me how gorgeous it can be. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.