Saturday 27 November 2021

Case me a Christmas Card with Hannelie Bester

Welcome to Case me a Christmas Card for 2021 - a Christmas Card blog series! 

From October to December, I will link to a series of guest cardmakers on my blog. I will CASE one of their cards, and they will CASE one of mine! CASE stands for either Copy And Share Everything, or Copy And Selectively Edit. It's about getting inspiration from cardmaking friends, but making a new card that is our own. And, of course, the card we each make has to be a Christmas card!

Background

In November 2016, I started this a little series on my blog. It started with me wanting to challenge myself to step outside my comfort zone with my Christmas cardmaking, so I asked friends to challenge me to do something different. 2016 challenges included using embroidery thread on a card, making a food themed card, making a geeky Christmas card (it had the Tardis on it) and making a dinosaur themed card. 

In 2017, I asked some of my cardmaking friends to join me with these challenges. Then, in 2020, I changed things up a bit by asking each of my guests to CASE one of my cards and I would CASE one of theirs. Ardyth Percy Robb made a video in 2020 (linked here) of a 5 step process that I use all the time when I am making a CASE of anybody's card, so I encourage you to check out her video!

Today's guest

Today, my guest is Hannelie Bester. I have CASEd one of her cards that you can check out HERE.

 All of the products I used are linked below :)  (the Merry word die is from The Big, the Bold, the Merry from Winnie and Walter. Sadly, Winnie and Walter are no longer in business, so I have linked to some other Merry word dies that I could have used instead. Similarly, the die I used to create the zigzags, the Chevron stripes die from MFT Dienamics, is discontinued, so I have linked to something very similar)


This is the card I Cased: 

 Hannelie also Cased one of my cards - you can find it HERE

Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition, and your cards are fabulous! Great way to stretch yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked one of my favorite cards ! LOVE your version Michelle!
    Thanks again for the invitation ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.