Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Week 1, card 4 Holiday card boot camp - Bootie in a window!

Today's video from Jennifer McGuire over at the Holiday card boot camp showed a number of techniques, inlcuding faux letterpress (using an embossing folder, but inking it at the same time) and creating a floating image in a window.  I couldn't so some of the stuff that she did (I don't have any matching stamps and embossing folders), but I gave it my best shot. 
 It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but I inked up the embossing folder in some Hero Arts Shadow Ink (I think it was called soft teal?)  It came out paler than pale!!
It's a pity you can't touch this card via the electronic interwebs - the top of the bootie is flocked, so it's very touchy feely :)

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Attention to detail is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Love the use of the flocked stocking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    My first post had a typo....it should said -- Soft and Serene!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love the stocking and the soft teal added just the right touch of color in the background. The addition of the pearls is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these are great; I haven't had a chance to make any of the cards (looking forward to the weekend)...so nice to see the ideas translated into other supplies. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a grand job you came up with on this one!
    Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!