Sunday, 15 July 2012

Stretch your Stamps, Day 6, card 1

Hooray for bonus weekend days at Online Card Classes!  I absolutely LOVE the glittery butterfly that Julie Ebersole used on her card in class today, so that was the first thing I tried.  My card doesn't look like hers at all, except for the glittery butterfly goodness :) 
The strip was done by masking the front of the card, stamping the black swirly butterflies, then using 3 distress ink colours with a blending tool (Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire).   I then highlighted a few bits with a white gel pen. 




7 comments:

  1. Lovely glitter butterfly, and the way you did the strip right on the card front is very ingenious! Turned out simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Michelle! I came across your blog thru the gallery at 'Stretch Your Stamps' and found I was checking out so many of your posts - I've added you to my Google Reader for regular updating! Really looking forward to seeing more of your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Michelle! Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Michelle! Lots of glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried your masking strip technique on my card and love the effect. Thank you for sharing. Next,
    I need to try highlighting with white gel pen, that is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!