Saturday 1 December 2018

Challenge me a Christmas Card with Betty Keefe

Welcome to "Challenge me a Christmas Card" for 2018!
My guest today is Betty Keefe, and she has challenged me to make a card using the eclipse technique. You can check out her take on this challenge HERE.

Here's what I came up with:
I made a watercolour panel by stamping and embossing ornament stamps from Newton's Nook and colouring them with Zig markers and water. I then used a die from Papertrey Ink to cut the word "peace" and also cut it from 4 pieces of pale grey cardstock. I layered these up onto a white cardbase, and adhered the coloured die cut on the top, and replaced the little bits from the middle of the letters. I put some Stardust Stickles on the top, then added a white embossed sentiment from Simon Says Stamp "Tiny Words Christmas" on a thin black strip.
 I will be sharing this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is "Anything Goes".

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-56/
Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous, Michelle - love love it! I'm so glad we did this challenge again and I particularly had fun doing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my friend Betty's card & had to come see what you did! Oh boy--I love your card, too! The Zig coloring is wonderful--another card to case!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.