Saturday 14 March 2020

Under the sea with Picket Fence Studios

It is release day at Picket Fence Studios - yippee! There are some absolutely gorgeous stamps, stencils and dies in this release, and for my first card, I combined all three, along with the amazing Paper Glazes!


To create the background, I made a spray by dissolving Cornflower Blue paper glaze in water in a mini mister spray bottle and sprayed it over the Mermaid Scales stencil adhered over watercolour cardstock. I then decided I wanted more colour, so I repeated the process but with Succulent Green paper glaze. For the focal point images, I stamped and copic coloured the images from Swim in the Sea and Things on the Sea Floor and then cut them out with the coordinating dies. The sentiment is white embossed onto a scrap of black cardstock. I finished with some adhesive pearls.


For my second card today, I stared by using my Life Changing Blender Brushes to create a blue-green corner in the bottom right of the panel. I then stamped the turtle and the seaweed images, painting some of them with water to make them appear more pale than the background. I cut the panel down and matted it on a scrap piece of blue green cardstock, before adhering the whole panel to a white cardbase that I had stenciled with the Mermaid Scales stencil and Distress Oxide ink.



Thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.