Wednesday 7 November 2018

Challenge me a Christmas Card - CASEing Lisa Stein

Welcome to "Challenge me a Christmas Card" for 2018!
Today, I am CASEing Lisa Stein (check out her gorgeous card HERE)

Here's what I came up with:
 I made a Yupo background with alcohol ink, gold mixative and gold foil (I decided I needed more shine, even though Lisa's card doesn't have foil). I cut a border from gold foil cardstock using Nested Labels Dies from Catherine Pooler, and a piece of vellum with the sentiment from Hero Arts gold embossed.
I like Lisa's card MUCH more than mine, for numerous reasons - her red is more maroon and less orange, her gold is more understated, her border is subtle gold glitter, and her vellum is less see-through than mine. Her card is, overall, MUCH more elegant than mine.
Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASE Michelle! Those colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Michelle! I checked out Lisa's cards via the link you provided and yes, her cards are gorgeous but so is yours. The crimson and gold complement each other very well and I kind of prefer the translucent vellum that you used as it lets the background design show through. I need to get my alcohol inks out and play with them more. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.