Sunday 8 December 2019

Challenge me a Christmas Card with Lydia Fiedler

Welcome to "Challenge me a Christmas Card" for 2019! I have asked cardmaking friends to join me in the lead up to Christmas by challenging me to make a card using a specific style, theme, technique or product.



My guest for today is Lydia Fiedler of Understand Blue. Lydia has challenged me to make a card with some kind of paste.

You can check out her take on the challenge HERE

Here's what I came up with:


I took some watercolour cardstock and used a stencil from TCW, and added Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone. While the stencil was still in place, I sprinkled Nuance watercolour powders over the top, then sprayed with water, and used a baby wipe to mop up the excess water. I then cut around the part of the panel I wanted, and adhered it to a dark pink card base. I added some faux stitching around the edges, and embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp onto some dark purple cardstock to add over the top.


 Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

  1. Ghee that is lovely Michelle , love your colours and choice of paste

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.